Rent-A-Center, Inc. (NASDAQ/NGS: RCII) today donated 65 Dell tablet computers to the Atlanta headquarters of 100 Black Men of America, a noted non-profit men's civic organization dedicated to educating and empowering African American children and teens.
The hardware is in support of a digital literacy pilot program dubbed “Digital Literacy 4Kidz.” Slated to be launched by four chapters of the 100 Black Men of America this summer, the initiative will benefit underserved youth who lack access to computers.
Armed with instruction modules and evaluation tools, the four chapters will be encouraged to have participants demonstrate what they’ve learned to their parents, with an eye for educating other family members as well.
“Rent-A-Center has made such an important gift,” said Michael J. Brown, president of 100 Black Men of America. “This in-kind support will help the youth that we serve use technology strategically to find and evaluate information, connect with peers and others, produce and share content, and leverage the Internet and its tools to achieve academic, professional and personal goals.”Today’s donation mirrors a recent Rent-A-Center gift to City Impact, a Las Vegas-area social services agency and will be followed by similar computer donations to four Boys and Girls Club chapters later this year. Intent on bridging the digital divide, Rent-A-Center has donated over 1000 computers in support of digital literacy initiatives since January 2012. Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 21,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV