ORLANDO, Fla., April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It may be SeaWorld's 50 th Celebration, but the surprises are all for park guests. SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio – as well as Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Sesame Place – are welcoming the warmer weather with new rides, attractions and events for the entire family to enjoy.
SeaWorld Parks, Orlando, San Antonio and San Diego SeaWorld Celebrates 50 years (now through September 2015)
Fifty years ago, three Southern California entrepreneurs opened SeaWorld, a marine zoological park on 21 acres along the shore of Mission Bay in San Diego. Today, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a leading theme park and entertainment company that includes three SeaWorld parks in the U.S., including the original San Diego, Calif. location, and parks in Orlando, Fla. and San Antonio, Texas. The parks' up-close animal encounters, educational attractions and innovative entertainment have inspired millions of guests of all ages to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world around them.
For nearly five decades, SeaWorld has surprised and amazed guests with unique entertainment, thrilling rides and up-close encounters with marine animals. During SeaWorld's 50 th Celebration visitors will be invited to take part in the celebration through new interactive experiences, shows and pathway performances, even more up-close animal encounters throughout the park and the SeaWorld "Surprise Squad" treating guests with prizes every day.Highlights
- Shamu's Celebration: Light Up The Night is the new nighttime Shamu Show debuting at all three SeaWorld parks this summer. The show will include new, original music and production elements, as well as new killer whale behaviors.
- At SeaWorld San Antonio, a 50 th themed ski show will also open this summer.
- SeaWorld San Diego will celebrate 50 years by completely transforming the park's arrival experience. Explorer's Reef™ will open in March for the celebration kick-off, and immediately immerse park guests into an undersea oasis. From the moment they enter the park, guests can connect with the sea through multiple touch pools featuring shark pups, rays, skates and delicate little cleaner fish.
- SeaWorld guests are often greeted by an animal ambassador, many of whom were orphaned or injured in the wild and given a second chance thanks to the SeaWorld Rescue Team. As part of SeaWorld's 50th Celebration, there will be more surprise encounters with animal ambassadors throughout the day. A pair of Magellanic penguins, a lemur, or even a parade of flamingos could surprise guests at any moment at all three SeaWorld locations.
- To showcase SeaWorld's commitment to the environment and passion for protecting the ocean, a series of giant sea life sculptures will be displayed throughout the parks. SeaWorld commissioned environmental art group The Washed Ashore Project for a collection of larger-than-life sea-themed sculptures – many weighing more than half a ton. The materials used to create these pieces come from the billions of pounds of garbage – mostly plastics – that wind up in our oceans. These amazing works of art point to the urgent need to protect marine animals from such dangers and preserve their ocean habitats. www.SeaWorld.com/celebration
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls features the tallest , steepest, longest and only multi-drop tower slides of their kind in the southern United States.
- At nearly 80 feet tall, Ihu's Breakaway Falls has the tallest and steepest 360-degree spirals in the southern United States.
- Those who dare to brave Ihu's Breakaway Falls will experience an almost vertical drop for nearly 40 feet, the steepest in the southern United States.
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls is the longest water thrill slide of its kind featuring three "breakaway boxes" and four completely different slide paths. Once the floor disappears, riders will drop 20-24 feet per second.
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls is the only high-speed water thrill slide in the world that propels guests through four, 360-degree spirals. www.AquaticaOrlando.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV