NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Barclays increased its price target on CARBO Ceramics (CRR - Get Report) to $135 and set an "equal weight" rating. The firm's decision was driven by leverage to NAM to reflect accelerating spending in US land market in still in early stages.
The stock was up 0.49% to $140.56 at 9:42 a.m. on Wednesday.
Must Read: Why Green Hill (GHL) Stock Is Higher Today
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CARBO CERAMICS INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CARBO CERAMICS INC (CRR) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CRR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.87, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 43.82% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $66.33 million or 14.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CARBO CERAMICS INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 23.27%.
- 36.98% is the gross profit margin for CARBO CERAMICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CRR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.67% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CRR Ratings Report