This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
- Creates strategic Latin American sales and service platform to drive accelerated adoption of 3DS' entire design to manufacturing solutions
- Provides 3DS with significant in-region additive manufacturing service bureau capabilities, know-how and deep customer relations
- Expands 3DS' global Quickparts
® service offerings reach and ability to deliver the latest advanced manufacturing solutions and capabilities
- Multiplexes 3DS' Latin American reseller channel activities with locations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Mexico
- Transaction expected to be immediately accretive to cash generation and contribute to non-GAAP earnings per share within first 12 months after closing
ROCK HILL, S.C., April 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Robtec. Headquartered in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Robtec is the largest Latin-American additive manufacturing service bureau and the leading 3D printing and scanning products distributor in the region. Under the terms of the definitive agreement, 3DS will acquire 70% of the shares of Robtec at closing and the remainder of the shares on the 5
th anniversary of the closing. The terms of the transaction have not been disclosed. The transaction provides 3DS with the strongest possible platform for its Quickparts fast-turn, custom manufacturing expansion plans in Latin America and multiplexes its in-region 3D printing and additive manufacturing reseller coverage.
Robtec brings to 3DS two decades of additive manufacturing service bureau experience with substantial production capabilities that are rooted in regional infrastructure and capacity and supported by long-term, key relationships with leading Latin American industrial companies. The transaction is expected to be completed within the next 90 days, subject to customary closing conditions. It is expected to be immediately accretive to 3DS' cash generation and to contribute to its non-GAAP earnings per share within the first 12 months after closing.