Oppenheimer analyst Rick Schafer (Perform)
"INTC reported 1Q sales/EPS of $12.8B/$0.38, in line with consensus $12.8B/$0.37. Better than seasonal performance in DCG was offset by a sharp decline in MCG (-52% Q/Q, 61% Y/Y) during the quarter. Guidance for 2Q indicates revenue of $13B (+2% Q/Q), in line with historical seasonality and the Street's $13B. GM was guided up ~300bps Q/Q to 63% thanks to lower 14nm start-up costs and higher volumes. With shares up 14% since February lows, we expect share price reaction to be relatively muted on Wednesday morning. Net, we opt to remain on the sidelines until a clearer picture of INTC's wireless traction/profitability and longer-term growth outlook emerges."
MKM Partners analyst Ian Ing (Neutral, $27 Price Target)"Intel delivered a $0.01 EPS beat and solid raise largely via gross margins. We are coming away from the call likely more positive than most investors, and maintain our Neutral rating with a positive bias. While concerns likely center on struggling Mobile & Communications, highlighted by segment re-classification, we think the company's ability to gain and retain high-profile leadership smartphone wins (putting it in the center of the 4G jump ball) is underestimated." --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV