MINNEAPOLIS, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Mills released its annual Global Responsibility Report today, outlining its approach to creating economic, environmental and social value in the countries where it operates. The company reported progress in the areas most material to its business – health, environment, sourcing, workplace and community engagement. The full report can be accessed on the General Mills website.
For 2013, which marks the 44 th year General Mills has shared an annual responsibility report with stakeholders and the community, the company again aligned the report with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework. This is the third year General Mills has used GRI, the globally recognized standard for environmental, social and governance reporting.
"In pursuit of our goal to stand among the world's most socially responsible food companies and to sustain our business for the long term, we continue to improve our practices, our products and our supply chains as we work to fulfill our mission of Nourishing Lives," said Ken Powell, chairman and CEO of General Mills. "We are encouraged by the progress we're making and remain committed to our pursuit of continuous improvement."
General Mills' 2020 sourcing commitment, health profile improvements and water stewardship efforts are among the key highlights of this year's report.The company's sustainability mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources and communities upon which the business depends. In fiscal 2013, General Mills committed to sustainably sourcing 100 percent of its 10 priority ingredients by 2020 – representing more than 50 percent of the company's annual raw material purchases. The commitment, part of General Mills' long-term sustainable sourcing strategy, covers a broad range of raw materials including oats, wheat, corn, dairy, fiber packaging, cocoa, vanilla, palm oil, sugar cane and sugar beets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV