PARIS, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and Elisa, Finland's leading provider of mobile and fixed broadband services, today announced a significant network upgrade that will give Elisa the ultra-broadband capacity needed to meet the demands of next-generation bandwidth-hungry services and applications. Finland has one of the highest mobile penetration rates and customer usages in the world.
Deploying the industry's most advanced end-to-end IP/MPLS network solution, including Alcatel-Lucent's class-leading core router, will provide a highly scalable and agile network architecture allowing Elisa to continuously improve the customer experience both inside and outside the home or enterprise by offering significantly better performance. Enhancements include smoother video downloads, improved service redundancy for increased reliability and greater responsiveness as well as the ability to offer new and more personalized services.
- Elisa's new network supports the explosive growth in mobile broadband and offers a convergence of fixed and mobile services to both business and private customers
- Alcatel-Lucent technology being deployed includes: 7950 eXtensible Routing System (XRS) core router, 7750 Service Router (SR) , 7210 Service Access Switch (SAS) family for aggregation, 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) for management and a service portal for provisioning
- Alcatel-Lucent will also be supplying installation and commissioning, lifecycle program management, operations support and consulting and will manage a seamless migration of network elements and services from its global Migration Operations Centre
Quotes:Timo Katajisto, Executive Vice President of Elisa said: "Finns use the most mobile data per capita in the EU, which requires us very high standards for being able to fulfill all future needs our customers have. The world of our customers will become even more digital as data centers evolve into cloud services and the use of IPTV services continues increasing. Upgrading our core network to the new generation IP/MPLS network will ensure enough capacity and speed for our customers also in the future" Luis Martinez Amago, President Europe, Middle East and Africa of Alcatel-Lucent said: "Under The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent's repositioning as a specialist in IP, cloud and ultra-broadband access technologies is enabling the company to support operators like Elisa in addressing their operational challenges. We are providing Elisa with a highly scalable and agile IP/MPLS network architecture. Second, we are empowering Elisa with the safest and strongest migration capability through our Migrations Operations Centre." Additional Resources:
- Product web site: http://bit.ly/12MByki
- Photos: Alcatel-Lucent 7950 XRS family: http://bit.ly/Z3c4ib
- General ALU Flickr link: http://bit.ly/Z3cKEg
- Blog: Alcatel-Lucent's New Core Router: off to a big start http://bit.ly/Vnibkj