RESTON, Va., April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced that actionable brand metrics for mobile ad campaigns are now available to advertiser and publisher clients through validated Campaign Essentials™ Mobile (vCE Mobile) and validated Media Essentials™ Mobile (vME Mobile). These ad measurement solutions provide demographic delivery insights for ads appearing on smartphones and tablets, both in-app and via mobile web. With actionable data to measure the performance of brand advertising, from both a campaign and inventory management perspective, advertisers and publishers now have cross-media comparable metrics – such as demographic delivery, reach, frequency and GRPs – to optimize their media allocations.
"More than half of digital media engagement is now spent on smartphones and tablets, but mobile advertising is currently just one-sixth of the digital ad market. Mobile's ability to realize its potential depends in large part on the ability to measure its performance, especially in relation to other media channels," said Mark Donovan, Chief Marketing Officer of comScore. "vCE and vME Mobile provide required metrics to measure and optimize the performance of campaigns. As brand marketers increasingly focus on integrated cross-platform campaigns, our solutions will help bring smartphones and tablets into the same consideration set as TV and desktop display."
Having completed initial testing of this capability with multiple data partners and clients, comScore is now expanding its roll-out of vCE Mobile and vME Mobile as part of a Charter Program. Advertisers, agencies and publishers interested in measuring their advertising through these solutions should contact their comScore account representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
vCE Mobile and vME Mobile Benefit the Mobile Ad EcosystemvCE Mobile and vME Mobile can help advance the development of the mobile ad sectors in the following ways:
- Facilitate Cross-Platform Campaign Buying, Planning and Evaluation – Significant efficiencies can be achieved by marketers who use an integrated view of media to optimize against their reach and frequency objectives. The availability of the same performance metrics for smartphones and tablets that are currently available for desktop display enables integrated media planning and buying.
- Deliver Actionable Performance Metrics – Mobile campaigns currently lack actionable metrics beyond the click-through rate, which is insufficient for measuring branding campaigns. Mobile campaign performance metrics allow brands to measure the delivery of their campaigns against their objectives and to optimize accordingly to significantly improve campaign efficiency and reduce wasted ad spend.
- Improve Mobile Ad Monetization – Average mobile CPMs often run at a fraction of desktop display ads, in part because the lack of metrics to properly evaluate performance reduces advertiser demand for these impressions. Mobile ad metrics mean an improved ability to allocate dollars in accordance with a medium's performance against marketing objectives.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts