TORONTO, April 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Today TD Bank Group published its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, available online at www.td.com/responsibility. The report details the company's social, economic and environmental performance for the 2013 fiscal year.
"We recognize that our employees, customers and communities have high expectations of TD," said Scott Mullin, Vice President, Community Relations, TD. "This report is an opportunity to tell our story and illustrate how TD is working to make a positive contribution - and better serve our customers and stakeholders for the future."
In the 2013 report, TD looks at the importance of listening to stakeholders as the financial industry seeks to restore public trust. Articles in the report also examine the value of an inclusive workplace, the need for a greening of the economy and increasing understanding of natural capital, as a way of looking at the economic benefits of nature.
In 2013, TD's social and environmental performance included:
- Commitment to its customers and helping them build their financial knowledge, with more than 620,000 visitors to TD Helps
- Being an environmental leader by protecting 25,000 acres of forest habitat through the TD Forests program and planting more than 48,000 trees in 165 communities through TD Tree Days
- Reaching over 1.8 million children through its children's literacy programs to help foster a lifelong love of reading, paramount for future success
- The "Taking it Outside" video demonstrates TD's commitment to outdoor learning
- The TD Forests video provides an overview of TD's commitment to reduce paper use while protecting forested areas across North America
- A number of policy statements, position papers and detailed environmental performance data
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV