The firm said it upgraded the company's rating as the natural gas market should see "meaningful secular growth and the company can gain market share."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 158.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$116.34 million to $67.92 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.55, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that PDS's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.63 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, PRECISION DRILLING CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $94.45 million or 30.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PDS Ratings Report