NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Youku Tudou
(YOKU - Get Report) shares were upgraded to "neutral" from "sell" by analysts at Goldman Sachs
(GS - Get Report) on Wednesday.
The firm maintained a $27 price target on the shares.
Youku Tudou is up 2% to $25.53 in pre-market trading today.
The firm believes that the year to date 33% pullback on the shares has given Chinese internet television company's stock more realistic valuation.
"We believe the recent share price pullback has fairly priced in competitive intensity in the online video sector, and Youku Tudou's growing investments in content and bandwidth," analysts said. "We believe the current valuation is justified by Youku Tudou's rapid progress with mobile monetization."
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- YOKU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.33, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YOUKU TUDOU INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.85%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.31% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YOKU Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts