NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It may be time to invest with Carl Icahn, says Barron's: "Units of his company have been hammered lately. The units are down 16% this year to $90.76 including a 10-point decline in the past week. The units had peaked at nearly $150 in December."
Shares of Icahn Enterprises LP (IEP) are up 3.02% to $93.50 in early trading today.
The publication notes that "the best way to value the company is through what Icahn Enterprises calls its "indicative net asset value," which is based on the value of its investments -- including estimates for some illiquid holdings--less debt. The indicative NAV stood at about $78 per unit at year-end 2013 and could have risen to around $80 by the end of February, based on comments by company executives on an earnings conference call last month."
- IEP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 3066.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IEP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 3600.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.00 million to $222.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 176.02% to $403.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ICAHN ENTERPRISES LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.87%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IEP Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts