AMSTERDAM, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Ability to search by phrases and key words instead of advanced queries simplifies research and access to reliable answers
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the availability of a new version of Reaxys, offering a refined user interface with new search functionality that facilitates queries and expedites research.
Chemists, whether researching cutting-edge fields such as Green Chemistry or Nanochemistry or working in drug development, need to navigate the rapidly growing bodies of scientific literature to find the exact information they need. Using Reaxys, Chemists can more easily find relevant and reliable answers without having to learn how to design complex queries.Built by chemists for chemists, the design of Reaxys reflects how users search for answers and the context of the terms they use. If for example, a user searches with a phrase "density of methanol," the results will reflect density of exactly this substance. Users can also filter searches by context, for example, a search for "preparation of aspirin" returns results for specific reactions with Aspirin as product, rather than a list of references. Reaxys responds with the precise piece of data needed, rather than just the individual paper or other document by searching over 16,000 periodicals stretching back to 1771. New search features include:
- Ask Reaxys: allows users to search by keyword phrase via a search bar that reflects the simplicity of internet searches. Reaxys search algorithms return the most appropriate result from documents, compounds, reactions or properties.
- ReaxysTree: allows users to browse the Reaxys bibliographic content using a familiar, tree-like visualization of the data organization, facilitating the discovery of previously unknown connections and the ability to generate new ideas.
- Formula Builder: supports users in creating complex queries for inorganic and organometallic substances more easily.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts