The Worst '90s Relic: Booing Courtney Love
Dave Grohl thanked every drummer who ever played in Nirvana, paid tribute to his heroes (including most of The Melvins), thanked his cool parents and implored young musicians to keep at it -- with help from a lot of F bombs in between. Krist Novocelic thanked all Nirvana's fans and turned the focus back to Kurt Cobain and those who got the band started. Cobain's mother, Wendy O'Connor, said little, but had her words land hardest of all. Acknowledging that the Kurt she knew might have taken a more aloof approach to the Hall of Fame than everyone on stage, she drove the greater point of her presence home succinctly: "I just miss him so much. He was such an angel."
It could have ended there. For the angrier, least realist onlookers it probably did. But Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, was given the opportunity to speak. Greeted initially with cheers, Love couldn't get to the "This is my family I'm looking at right now, all of you" portion of her speech without the room disintegrating into a back-and-forth of supportive shouts and droning boos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV