NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Didn't we do the same thing yesterday?
After scaring investors with a test of recent lows, stocks bounced back harder and higher today. The bouncing stock that caught the most attention was Twitter (TWTR), which exploded 11% higher this afternoon as smart investors had time to digest this morning's acquisition announcement of its data partner Gnip. Prior to the announcement, sentiment amongst $TWTR investors and traders was decidedly mixed, though we saw a 13% rise in bullish sentiment today.
I think today is a significant event in $TWTR and this should not be taken lightly. We'll look back to today and point to it. Watch - J.C. Parets (@allstarcharts) Apr. 15 at 01:48 PMMeanwhile, after the bell rang to close today's trading, the much anticipated latest quarterly earnings report for Yahoo! (YHOO) was released and investors cheered sending the stock more than 10% higher than it's closing print at one point.
Yahoo's EPS and full year revenue guidance has given investors something to be interested in besides Alibaba. Shares +9%. $YHOO $ALIBABA - Pierce Crosby (@CrosbyVenture) Apr. 15 at 02:14 PMNot to be outdone, Intel Corp (INTC) matriculated the ball down the field with its own (albeit modest) earnings beat, sending shares higher in after-hours trade:
$INTC UPDATE: Intel Corp Spikes Higher 2% Following In-Line Q1 EPS, Revenue 04:03:19pm INTC Intel Expects FY Sales $13B +/- $500M - Christian von Schwarzenberg (@exequenda) Apr. 15 at 02:04 PMAfter two consecutive days of impressive intraday bullish reversals and now two tech heavyweights delivering good news for investors, have we dodged another bullet? Or is this just another stay of execution for the long-in-the-tooth bulls? Follow me on StockTwits: @chicagosean This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV