Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.35 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.06 for the same period in 2013.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.34 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.14 for the same period in 2013.
Net revenues were $355 million and income before income taxes was $218 million for this quarter, compared to net revenues of $216 million and income before income taxes of $82 million for the same period in 2013.
The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on June 13, 2014 to shareholders of record as of May 30, 2014.Business Highlights
- 61% pretax profit margin for this quarter, up from 38% in the year-ago quarter and 42% average for prior year.
- 60% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- Customer equity grew 38% from the year-ago quarter to $49.0 billion and customer debits increased by 30%, to $14.4 billion.
- Customer accounts grew 16% from the year-ago quarter to 252 thousand.
- Total DARTs increased 25% from the year-ago quarter to 582 thousand.
- Brokerage segment equity was $2.5 billion. Total equity was $5.2 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV