5 Ways to Save on Some of Your Baby's $312,000 in College Debt
That's a bargain compared with the estimated cost in 18 years, which clocks in at $312,200, the website says.
For $312,000, you can buy a beautiful beachfront home down in Naples, Fla. Or, if you invested $312,000 today at 8% annual compound interest, in 18 years you'd have accumulated $1,246,758.08 -- more than enough to live comfortably the rest of your life, if you manage it right.
But the world doesn't work that way, and there are plenty of families standing in line to pay for that high cost of college and incur those huge college financial costs. They should know it's all about saving money and keeping costs down as much as possible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV