NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Michael Kors Holdings (KORS) are trading higher 2.73% to $89.50 on Tuesday afternoon after the designer clothing label and Italian eye-wear group Luxottica (LUX) signed a license deal.
Luxottica signed a ten year licensing agreement with Michael Kors, which will expand Michael Kors eye-wear business.
The first collection between the two will be launched in January 2015, Reuters reports.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD (KORS) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- KORS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KORS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD is rather high; currently it is at 61.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.68% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 98.06% to $268.36 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.59%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KORS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV