NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Goldman Sachs (GS) is due to report before the bell Thursday. Here's what analysts are expecting.
Over the three months to March, analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect net income of $3.44 a share and revenue of $8.7 billion.
In the year-ago quarter, the bank recorded $4.29 a share in net income and $10.09 billion in revenue.
- The gross profit margin for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.26%. Regardless of GS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GS's net profit margin of 22.95% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, GS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts