BROOMFIELD, Colo., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Henkel and Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL) collaborated to launch a new, lighter weight industrial aluminum aerosol can for the popular beauty care brand, Fa.
Ball manufactures the new, lighter extruded aluminum can using revolutionary metal technology, which utilizes recycled aluminum to create a metal alloy that exhibits increased strength and allows lightweighting of the container without affecting package integrity. This breakthrough technology allows Ball to lightweight its extruded aluminum aerosol packaging by as much as 10 percent, with further lightweighting expected in the future.
"As global sustainability leaders, Ball and Henkel continually strive to improve our environmental impact while responsibly running our businesses and increasing stakeholder value," said Michael Feldser, chief operating officer, global metal food and household products packaging. "Thanks to our cross-enterprise expertise, we were able to add recycled aluminum from Ball's beverage can plants into our slug manufacturing processes, reduce the amount of metal used and lightweight the industry's standard extruded aluminum package. This helps improve the carbon footprint of a popular product and enhances the environmental performance of both companies."
Ball is a global leader in aerosol packaging and the world's largest producer of recyclable aluminum beverage cans and aluminum "slugs," or metal disks that are impact extruded to produce aerosol product packaging for body sprays, sun screens, hair sprays and more. After months of collaboration, Ball's global metal technology experts and innovation teams developed a method that will allow the company to use either post-consumer recycled aluminum or aluminum recycled from its global beverage can operations to produce its new slugs. Currently, almost all extruded aluminum aerosol packaging is made from virgin aluminum slugs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV