Craft Brew Alliance (CB A ) (NASDAQ: BREW), an independent craft brewing company, today announced that two of its brands earned gold awards, the highest honor, in their categories in the World Beer Cup Awards, one of the largest commercial competitions in the world. The awards were presented at a special ceremony held Friday, April 11 following the 2014 Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America in Denver, Colorado.
CB A World Beer Cup Award Winners
- Widmer Brothers Brewing’s Hefeweizen earned the Gold in the American-Style Wheat Beer With Yeast Category, which received 25 entries. This is the third time Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen has earned Gold in this category.
- Redhook Brewery’s Audible Ale earned the Gold in the Classic English-Style Pale Ale Category, which received 30 entries.
“It’s an incredible honor to have our beers and brewers recognized in this highly competitive global event,” said Andy Thomas, Chief Executive Officer for CB A . “On behalf of everyone at CBA, I’d like to recognize our exceptional brewers and their commitment to brewing world-class beers for earning two gold medals for two of America’s original craft breweries. The gold for Widmer Brothers Hefe is a fitting tribute to The Original American Hefeweizen as we kick off a year-long celebration of Widmer Brothers’ 30th anniversary; and the gold for Redhook’s Audible Ale, which is only in its second year, is a great reflection of our passion and commitment to brewing standout new beers.”
Often referred to as “The Olympics of Beer Competition,” the World Beer Cup is considered the most prestigious beer competition in the world. Drawing the highest number of entries to date, this year’s event saw 4,754 beers from 1,403 breweries representing 58 countries—a 21 percent increase in the number of entries and a 75.6 percent increase in the number of breweries competing in the prior World Beer Cup competition.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts