ADM was falling 1.5% to $44.00.
Mosaic will pay ADM $350 million for the business. As part of the deal Mosaic will acquire four blending and warehousing facilities in Brazil, one in Paraguay, and additional warehousing and logistics service capabilities.
In addition to the acquisition the two companies reached a five-year supply agreement for Msaic to provide fertilizer to ADM in Brazil and Paraguay."The addition of ADM's fertilizer distribution business in Brazil and Paraguay facilitates two critical strategic priorities for Mosaic. It enhances our global growth strategy and expands our market access," Mosaic president and CEO James T. Prokopanko said in a press release. "This acquisition provides a critical distribution platform in one of the world's fastest growing agricultural regions, and it complements our other recent strategic initiatives, including our joint venture in Saudi Arabia, our recent acquisition of CF Industries' phosphate business and our ongoing potash expansion program." Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV