Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said he's tired of hearing how earnings have been "tepid" and revenue have been "light." From Alcoa (AA) to those earnings released Wednesday there have been very few cases of companies performing poorly. Even Coca-Cola (KO) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, were able to surprise to the upside this quarter.
Value for Your PortfolioValue always has a place in every portfolio, Cramer told viewers, and in today's market value can be found in a stock like Coca-Cola. Cramer said with a challenging environment here in the U.S., Coke decided to invest where the growth is, turning in spectacular results in Brazil, Russia, India and China. The company said it still has a lot more to do in these areas, meaning there's a lot more growth ahead. Coke is also innovating, Cramer explained, as he showed off one of the company's new aluminum bottles -- it's not only eye-catching but exclusive to Coke. Cramer also praised Coca-Cola for its efforts to reward shareholders. The company has raised its dividend for 50 consecutive years, most recently with a 9% dividend boost. Earlier this year, Coke also struck a deal with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), which should also begin rewarding shareholders soon.
Cramer said he's not crazy about Coke's stock at current levels but would be a buyer on weakness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV