NEW YORK, April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL), the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, has once again assembled another star-studded cast of sports legends to tip-off the playoff season and to let fans know it's time to step up their game. Foot Locker's newest commercial titled "No Rings," features adidas basketball star Damian Lillard and pokes fun in a tongue-and-cheek manner at ringless sports legends Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson, Chris Webber and Karl Malone.
Debuting tonight on TNT, the spot opens with rising star Lillard conversing on his phone with a friend about the upcoming playoffs and how he hopes not to end up ringless like some athletes of the past. To his surprise, iconic (and ringless) sports legends Sanders, Tomlinson, Webber, and Malone are hanging out in his living room, noticeably affected by the reminder that the coveted championship ring has slipped through their fingers.
"This past holiday season, we entertained millions with the 'All Is Right' commercial by bringing together sports legends in a humorous way that surprised many fans, and we're proud to do it again in our latest Approved campaign," said Stacy Cunningham, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Foot Locker. "We enjoyed working with this amazing cast of athletes to create a spot that taps into the anticipation of this important part of the basketball season, while having some fun."
"Playoffs are the time to step up your game," said Lillard. "It was such an incredible opportunity to work with Barry, LT, Chris and Karl on Foot Locker and adidas' new commercial to tip-off the playoff season. I had so much fun working with these incredible sports legends."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV