BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Move over, momentum. The stocks that no one thought would do anything in 2014 are the ones raking in the biggest gains this year. And real estate investment trusts, or REITs, have been one of the biggest winners since the calendar flipped to January.
Since the start of the year, the S&P 500 has dropped 1%, while the Dow Jones Equity All REIT Index, a basket of all publicly traded U.S. REITs, is actually up more than 7.5% over the same stretch.That's not hugely surprising. Despite some overtures to the contrary, the Fed remains hugely accommodative right now, and rate-sensitive stocks such as REITs are benefiting as cash moves from 2013's big momentum equities to income names. Don't worry if you missed the move in this sector. Right now, there are some attractive trading setups shaping up in some of the biggest REITs once again. >>5 Rocket Stocks for a Tumbling Market Today, we'll take a technical look at five of them. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Stocks to Sell Before It's Too Late Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV