Philip Morris USA (PM USA) today made its annual Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) payment. This year’s payment is approximately $3.3 billion, net of various items related to the Non-Participating Manufacturer adjustment disputes.
Since signing the tobacco settlement agreements, PM USA has paid the states more than $66 billion.
MSA payments provide states valuable resources to fund tobacco cessation and underage tobacco use prevention programs. For years, PM USA has encouraged the states to use MSA payments to fund these programs at levels recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. PM USA continues to support using these funds for these purposes.
A portion of PM USA’s MSA payment is being deposited into the Disputed Payments Account, in accordance with the terms of the MSA and calculations made by the independent auditor.Take a closer look at Altria and its companies on altria.com. Follow Altria on Twitter at @AltriaNews.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV