ETFs that track the price of gold and gold miners, including SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull (NUGT), Market Vectors Gold Miners (GDX) and Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners (GDXJ), dominated the StockTwits.com trending bar of most-discussed tickers Tuesday morning, as gold dropped 2.5% to $1,294 an ounce. $1,300 an ounce was considered a key support level, given the metal's 200-day moving average.
All downside targets hit in gold space $GDX $GDXJ $SLV $ANV $ABX $DUST -- Gary G. (@alphahunt) Apr. 15 at 09:56 AMInvestors said dollar strength on yesterday's stronger-than-anticipated retail sales put pressure on gold prices. They also blamed news out of China that indicated the country's demand for gold was fueled by Chinese business efforts to use gold as collateral and not consumer desires to own gold jewelry and items.
$DUST $GDX $GDXJ $GLD $JDST $JNUG $NUGT $GLDS $GLDL Copper, palladium and gold all crushed.... why? China story BS http://stks.co/j0V63 -- Jeff Salisbury (@JS_TWITS) Apr. 15 at 09:48 AM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV