NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Northern Trust (NTRS) is sliding on Tuesday after reporting first-quarter earnings and revenue below expectations.
The company recorded net income of 75 cents a share and revenue of $1.04 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters anticipated net income of 78 cents a share and revenue of $1.07 billion.
By midmorning, shares had tumbled 2.8% to $59.52.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NTRS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV