HAMILTON, Bermuda, April 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. ("CME" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:CETV) (Prague Stock Exchange:CETV) today announced that John K. Billock has been appointed to CME's Board of Directors and will serve as the non-executive Chairman of the Board. CME also announced the appointment of three additional Directors to its Board: Gerhard Zeiler, Iris Knobloch and Doug Shapiro.
In a joint statement Michael Del Nin and Christoph Mainusch, Co-Chief Executive Officers of CME, said: "We are pleased to welcome this accomplished slate of executives to our Board of Directors and are very excited to have John at the lead. The depth of operational and strategic experience they bring will be invaluable to the Company and its shareholders as we strive to maximize the value of our leading brands."
John Billock said: "CME has such a unique collection of broadcast assets with leading audience shares. I'm privileged to have this opportunity to begin working with CME's Board of Directors and executive management team during this important period in the Company's development."Mr. Billock serves as a Member of the Board of Advisors at Simulmedia, Inc. He previously served as a Director of TRA Inc. and TiVo Research and Analytics, Inc. from 2007 to 2011. He also served as a Director of Juniper Content Corporation from January 2007 to December 2008. Prior to that, he was Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer of Time Warner Cable from October 2001 to July 2005. Before joining Time Warner Cable, Mr. Billock was with Home Box Office from 1978 to 2001, and served as its President of the US Network Group from 1997 to 2001 and as its President of Sales and Marketing from 1995 to 1997. Before joining HBO, Mr. Billock was a product manager with Colgate Palmolive Company. Mr. Billock received a B.A. from Wesleyan University and an M.B.A. from Boston University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV