Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Caesars Entertainment (CZR)
- CZR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.0 million.
- CZR has traded 57,908 shares today.
- CZR is up 3.3% today.
- CZR was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CZR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CZR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CZR: Caesars Entertainment Corporation owns, operates, or manages casino entertainment facilities. Its casino entertainment facilities include land-based casinos, riverboat or dockside casinos, and managed casinos, as well as casinos combined with a thoroughbred racetrack and a harness racetrack. Currently there are no analysts that rate Caesars Entertainment a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Caesars Entertainment has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Caesars Entertainment has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 17.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Caesars Entertainment as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 265.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$480.30 million to -$1,756.90 million.
- CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP reported poor results of -$22.05 versus -$11.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$4.58 versus -$22.05).
- 49.44% is the gross profit margin for CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -84.53% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.84% to -$108.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.17%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CZR's share price has jumped by 27.24%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in CZR do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Caesars Entertainment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts