NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It may give you cool points or label you a "Glasshole" but here's your chance to buy Google's (GOOG) Glass, which Time Magazine hailed as one of the "Best Inventions of the Year" in 2012.
Today, there's a one-day special promotion making Google Glass available to a limited number of Average Joes. You just have to be a U.S. resident, 18 years or older, and able to fork over the $1,500 plus tax. Don't expect a price cut or special deal.
To sign up, check this Web site.
USA Today reports buyers will also get a sunglasses shade or one of Google's new prescription glasses frames with their purchase.
Besides the fact that users will be able to get news alerts, take pictures and video and even record private conversations, wearing a mini-supercomputer on your face is thought by some to be pretty cool.
Previously, the exclusive wearable technology was only made available to the 10,000 developers and contest winners. There's also a select few chosen to try out the device, called "Explorers."
Tuesday's offer is an expansion of that program. In a Google+ posting, the company says Explorers have ranged from moms, to bakers, to rockers who have all played a role in making the product better.
Are you ready with your answer? At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV