SALT LAKE CITY, April 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LifeVantage Corporation (Nasdaq:LFVN), a company dedicated to helping people achieve healthy living through a combination of a compelling business opportunity and scientifically validated products, today announced that it has acquired a line of sports nutrition products known as Wicked Fast Sports Nutrition. The products were designed and tested by LifeVantage's Chief Science Officer, Shawn Talbott, prior to joining LifeVantage. Dr. Talbott, an avid triathlete with 17 Ironman competitions under his belt, developed the Wicked Fast Sports Nutrition products to help both the serious and casual athlete feel better and perform better, regardless of their exercise and life goals. LifeVantage will conduct additional research and testing on the supplements and plans to rebrand the products in preparation for their official launch through its distribution network beginning in fiscal year 2015.
The Wicked Fast Sports Nutrition products include:
- A pre-exercise supplement formulated to boost mental and physical energy levels, improve stamina, and enhance endurance;
- A post-exercise supplement designed to enhance the body's ability to recover from intense exercise;
- A powdered drink mix formulated to provide both fast and lasting mental and physical energy; and
- A supplement intended to balance blood sugar levels for appetite control and fat loss.
Douglas C. Robinson, President and Chief Executive Officer of LifeVantage, stated, "Our acquisition of Wicked Fast Sports Nutrition is in-line with our key initiative to expand our product offerings with scientifically backed, efficacious products that help individuals feel better, look better, and perform better. This also underscores our ability to grow our business through acquisition as well as through internal product development."Dr. Talbott commented, "We are excited to integrate the Wicked Fast Sports Nutrition supplements into the LifeVantage product portfolio. These products are extremely effective in helping athletes of all levels recover after rigorous physical activity. This acquisition marks our entry into the large market of sports nutrition and supports our goal of providing safe and high quality products to individuals around the world striving to improve their health and fitness levels."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts