TORONTO, April 15, 2014 /CNW/ - Today Canada's five largest banks jointly announced gifts of $200,000 each to the Abilities Centre in Whitby, ON, in remembrance of the late former Minister of Finance the Honourable James Flaherty. The donations from BMO Financial Group, CIBC, RBC, Scotiabank and TD Bank Group will total $1 million.
In addition to his tremendous contributions to Canada's economic well-being, Mr. Flaherty was a tireless champion of people living with disabilities. He showed his support through several decisions as finance minister, gave his time to associated causes, and encouraged a more inclusive society through his actions and his words.
This donation will support the Abilities Centre in its efforts to enrich quality of life for people of all ages and abilities. Opened in 2012, it is a fully accessible recreational and community facility, offering sports, arts, life skills, education and research. More information is available at www.abilitiescentre.org/.
SOURCE TD Bank Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV