The ratings upgrade was the result of a survey by FBR, which suggests a recovery in the non-residential construction market could happen later this year and into 2015.
FBR also raised its price target on Carlisle to $90 from $84.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates CARLISLE COS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CARLISLE COS INC (CSL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Industrial Conglomerates industry average. The net income increased by 45.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $47.80 million to $69.70 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CARLISLE COS INC has improved earnings per share by 24.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARLISLE COS INC reported lower earnings of $3.61 versus $4.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.00 versus $3.61).
- CSL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CSL Ratings Report