The stock is up 1.82% to $29.59 in pre-market trade.
Bank of America said the upgrade was "based on a more attractive risk/reward given the recent pullback; earnings upside in wealth management, equities, and investment banking; and longer term upside from increasing efficiencies and capital return."
Continuing, the bank noted that, "While there are still clearly headwinds for MS and the industry given the numerous regulatory changes, with the stock trading below year-end TBV and expectations of ROTEs moving to 10/11% in 2015/2016, we view the risk/reward as attractive. Our rating is now Buy & our PO remains $35."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV