MELVILLE, N.Y., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein Animal Health, the leading companion animal health distributor in the United States, and the U.S. animal health business of Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), announced today that it has launched a new iPad® online ordering application to help veterinary practitioners manage their product purchases.
Easily downloadable at no cost through iTunes®, the Henry Schein Animal Health app includes features such as product search capability and purchase history. Customers can also use the app to create shopping lists by using an integrated bar code scanner to add items to an order. The intuitive app can be used online and offline by customers, who can browse and select from more than 17,000 products available on the Henry Schein website.
"Our goal is to provide our customers with solutions to help them operate more efficient and profitable practices, so that they can focus on providing quality clinical care," said Kevin Vasquez, Chairman, President and CEO of Henry Schein Animal Health. "Our new mobile ordering application raises the bar for flexibility and convenience, allowing our customers to easily manage purchases from any location at any time. This online ordering ability, coupled with the expert advice and tailored solutions that we provide, makes Henry Schein Animal Health a unique resource to our veterinary customers."
Once the Henry Schein Animal Health app is downloaded and installed on an iPad, customers simply select "Veterinary" and use their login username and password to access their secure account. Following a purchase, a product detail screen provides a product image, an estimated delivery date, and inventory availability information.Click here to download the Henry Schein online ordering app and here to watch the iPad app training video. About Henry Schein Animal Health, U.S.Henry Schein Animal Health, based in Dublin, Ohio, is the leading companion animal health distribution company in the United States. The Company employs approximately 900 team members, including 300 field sales representatives and 200 telesales and customer support representatives. With 13 strategically located, state-of-the-art distribution facilities and 10 inside sales centers, the Company maintains a greater than a 99 percent order-fill ratio, accomplishing its mission of providing the right product at the right place and at the right time. Partnering with over 400 leading animal health manufacturers in the world, Henry Schein Animal Health is positioned to offer the broadest selection of veterinary products and strategic solutions to companion animal, equine, and large animal practices, including:
- Quality Henry Schein Brand products at an affordable value
- An extensive line of capital equipment and supply products, including certified, pre-owned solutions, and equipment ProRepair services
- Biologicals, diagnostics, diets, nutraceuticals, parasiticides, pharmaceuticals and more
- An array of business solutions, including: MyVetDirect.com Home Delivery, Henry Schein Financial Services, Intelligent Inventory® and Cubex Inventory Management, Privacy Edge & Security Solutions, Professional Development Program for Veterinary Students, Pet I.D. Cards and Reminder Cards
- Technology practice management solutions through ImproMed™ and Avimark™ Software Systems
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts