Intel (INTC) ($26.56, up 2.3% YTD): Analysts expect the semiconductor giant and Dow component to report earnings of 37 cents a share after the closing bell on April 15. The daily chart shows a potential double-top at $27.12 on Jan. 15 and $27.09 on April 10. The in-between low is $23.50, set on Feb. 5, and temporarily below the 200-day SMA at $24.16.
The weekly chart is positive, with its five-week MMA at $25.62, with the 200-week SMA a major support at $23.05. Monthly and annual value levels are $25.57 and $20.78, with a semiannual pivot at $26.33.
The computer and technology sector is down 4.8% so far in April and is about break-even year-to-date. The sector is up 29.8% over the last 12 months.
Intel is the benchmark for semiconductors, with the PHLX Semiconductor Index up 5.6% year-to-date.Yahoo! (YHOO) ($33.45, down 17.3% YTD): Analysts expect the Internet portal to report earnings of 29 cents a share after the closing bell on April 15. The stock set a multiyear intraday high at $41.73 on Jan. 8, then traded as low as $32.15 on April 11, which is below its 200-day SMA at $34.01. The weekly chart is negative, with its five-week MMA at $35.59 and the 200-week SMA at $20.57. Semiannual value levels are $28.42 and $24.28, with weekly and quarterly risky levels at $34.24 and $39.40. The Internet stocks have taken it on the chin so far this year, with the Internet software industry down 7.3% month-to-date and 6.9% year-to-date. This industry is still up 72.7% over the last 12 months. Yahoo! is in the Internet services industry, which is down 6% so far in April and up 4.9% year-to-date, and up 26.5% over the last 12 months. This means that reaction to Yahoo! earnings could be quite volatile. Our technical analysis charts follow on page 3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV