NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Today's Crunching the Numbers tables cover three stocks which report quarterly results after the closing bell today and one that reports before the opening bell on Wednesday.
Let's start with individual profiles, then get into the charts on page 3.
Abbott Labs (ABT) ($37.74, down 1.5% YTD): Analysts expect the healthcare giant to report earnings per share of 35 cents before the opening bell on April 16. The stock traded to an all-time intraday high at $40.49 on March 4, then traded as low as $36.65 on April 11, holding its 200-day simple moving average at $36.85.
The weekly chart is negative, with its five-week modified moving average at $38.16. A quarterly value level is $31.44, with a monthly pivot at $37.38 and weekly and semiannual risky levels at $38.19 and $44.91.The medical sector is the biggest loser so far in April, down 5.8% on the month. The sector is up 2.4% year-to-date and is up 37.2% over the last 12 months. Abbott has a diversified portfolio of science-based products in diagnostics, devices, nutritionals and generic drugs. CSX (CSX) ($28.38, down 1.4% YTD): Analysts expect the railroad to report earnings of 38 cents per share after the closing bell on April 15. The stock traded to an all-time intraday high at $29.45 on March 25, then faded to its 50-day SMA at $28.06, with the 200-day SMA at $26.69. The Jan. 15 high at $29.24 and the high on March 25 appear as a potential double-top.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV