Jim Cramer Says The Ukraine-Russia Conflict Is Causing U.S. Problems
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Speculation abounds that interest rates could drop despite extremely strong U.S. data, and Jim Cramer brings up his three "black holes" in that regard: the Ukraine/Russia conflict, Japan and China.
Cramer calls Japan "a disaster" after the nation heavily increased taxes, but department store sales are down 10%; therefore, investors should keep an eye on Japan. He adds China could be decelerating more than anticipated, which also worries people.
But Cramer says the Ukraine/Russia conflict is causing the real problem. He believes rich Russian oligarchs are buying U.S. bonds, but more importantly he compares Russia's recent actions with Germany's in 1937 and 1939. Cramer says this sort of international tension will always cause problems.
Cramer is worried about all three of these issues because "every time we go up big, you're going to hear about them again."Must Watch: Jim Cramer: Ukraine and Russia are Causing Us a Real Problem STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV