The company produced 1.5 million ounces of silver, a 55% increase from the 992,218 ounces from Q1 2013.
Fortuna produced 8,150 ounces of gold for Q1 2014, an 81% increase 4,492 ounces mined in Q1 2013.
"Gold and Silver outputs were both above plan and costs remained well in line with our guidance for the year," said Fortuna President and CEO Jorge Ganoza.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC (FSM) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.15 versus $0.25 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 276.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.47 million to -$14.93 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.63%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -41.04% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $16.77 million or 4.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.72%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FSM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV