NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TransGlobe Energy Corp. (TGA) are up 3.91% to $7.44 after the company said its previously announced arrangement with Caracal Energy CRCL was terminated after Caracal agreed to be taken over by Glencore GLNCY, the Wall Street Journal reports
TransGlobe said it received a $9.25 million break-up fee from Caracal, adding that it plans to reintroduce its previously announced dividend.
- TGA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.04, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.82%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TGA's net profit margin of 8.48% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 80.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $34.84 million to $6.89 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TGA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV