CHARLESTON, S.C., April 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SchoolWheels Direct, a subsidiary of Student Transportation Inc. (STI) (TSX:STB) (Nasdaq:STB), announced that it will debut its new innovative service in the Charleston, South Carolina area to provide Direct To Parent transportation service to charter and private schools.
Residents in the area might recognize STI and SchoolWheels Direct as the transportation provider for major events in the Charleston area like The Family Circle Cup, The PGA's Nationwide Tour Championship at Daniel Island, Denny Hamlin & Mark Bryan's Pro Am Jam, and The BMW Charity Pro Am Classic in Greenville, SC. The company has had a marketing, sales and technology office in the area for the past three years. SchoolWheels Direct's parent company, STI, provides transportation for over 1 million students throughout 17 of the United States and in Canada. Now it looks to bring its vehicles and services to the area full time.
"South Carolina is known for having one of, if not the oldest fleet in the nation and a school transportation system that is antiquated and inefficient. While the State legislature continues to grapple with these issues and a 'pilot program' still under review since 1992, which has yet to be proven successful, it is time we answer the call for quality service with new state-of-the-art equipment, new technology, and customer service. It starts with the investment in equipment and continues with the proper training of the drivers and treating them respectfully, which our company prides itself on," said Denis Gallagher, CEO of STI. "Charleston is the home of the world's most technologically-advanced airplane, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, as well as other technology companies that are rapidly expanding here, and yet our children go to school on the oldest fleet in the nation. Parents and students expect more and we are here with the expertise to deliver more."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV