NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Glencore International (GLNCY) are up 1.34% to $10.56 after the company said it was buying Caracal Energy (CCAXF) for approximately $1.35 billion, and will take control of oil and gas assets in Chad.
Earlier, the company announced that it will sell its Las Bambas copper project in Peru to a Chinese consortium for $5.85 billion in an all-cash deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV