NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chindex
(CHDX) shares are up 16.4% to $22.70 in trading on Monday.
The American healthcare services provider stock is popping following the announcement that it received a cash offer from a bidder for all of the company's outstanding common stock shares at $23 per share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
The company's "Transaction Committee" deemed the offer a "superior proposal" to a previous bid by a buyer consortium. The previous group had offered $19.50 in cash per outstanding share.
The terms of the agreement have been fully negotiated and only await execution by Chindex.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV