NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Twitter (TWTR) co-founders Jack Dorsey and Evan Williams, CEO Richard Costolo and early VC-investor Benchmark said on Monday they won't sell shares in the micro-blogging giant as a May 5 lockup looms.
That disclosure made in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, boosted Twitter shares on Monday. Shares were rising nearly 4% to $41.43, helping to mitigate year-to-date losses of over 30%.
"Jack Dorsey and Evan Williams, co-founders of Twitter, and our Chief Executive Officer, Richard Costolo, have informed us that they have no current plans to sell any of their shares of Twitter common stock," Twitter said. "Additionally, Benchmark venture capital funds, which are affiliated with a member of our board of directors, have informed us they have no present intention to sell or distribute stock to their limited partners before or immediately after the expiration of our lockup on May 5, 2014," the company added.
Dorsey, Williams and Costolo will have the ability to sell their shares in the 90-days after Twitter's next lockup expiry, given a so-called cooling off period that has been put in place by the company. Other top Twitter executives have also pledged to either retain their shares, Twitter said.-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York Follow @AntoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV