NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Bloomin' Brands Inc.
(BLMN - Get Report) are up 5.03% to $23.58 on Monday.
The casual dining restaurant company was upgraded to "buy from "hold" at Deutsche Bank (DB - Get Report).
The company was upgraded based on its "attractive stock" after the recent market pullback, Deutsche Bank said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- BLMN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.63 versus $0.40 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 25.1% in earnings ($1.22 versus $1.63).
- The gross profit margin for BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC is rather low; currently it is at 15.55%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.61% trails that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.97 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.36, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BLMN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts