BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks took a tumble last week, as the S&P 500 fell 2.65% between Monday's open and Friday's close. All told, it was the worst single week for stocks going back to the summer of 2012.
That's more of a commentary on the last two years' price action than it is on the last week's price action, however. U.S. equities have gone straight up with very little volatility, which just makes every move lower all the more pronounced.Zoom out to the bigger picture, and there's no reason to think that we're seeing anything other than another healthy correction. In fact, it even looks a lot less abrupt than the one that sent investors into panic mode back in January. There's still some room to the downside before bulls need to start worrying. Keep the context in mind: We're less than 5% away from all-time highs in the S&P 500 as I write this morning. So to make the most of that market disconnect, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stocks worth buying this week. >>5 Big Trades to Survive a Roller Coaster Market For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 244 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 80.51%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV