NEW YORK, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, today announced the launch of two new education programs, Scholastic Literacy Pro™ and Scholastic PR1ME™ Mathematics, available for global markets. They join a rapidly growing portfolio of Scholastic educational technology and blended learning programs based on the latest research and proven successful practices and designed to help teachers worldwide raise student achievement in English literacy and mathematics.
"Scholastic, a leading innovator in U.S. education, can now support teachers worldwide to raise student achievement with these resources," said Shane Armstrong, President, Scholastic International. "Countries all across the globe are recognizing that students need to reach ever higher standards to succeed in today's global economy and our goal is to facilitate that growth and learning for all students. These programs provide teachers with tools and data to enable them to make informed decisions about and plan their instruction and their students' progress, based on best practices in teaching and learning."
Scholastic Literacy Pro is a digital reading comprehension assessment program for students from age 7 through 18 that combines Scholastic Reading Inventory™ (SRI)'s computer-adaptive assessment test with the Lexile®-based independent reading program, Scholastic Reading Counts!®, that tracks student success on the books they read in and out of school. With Scholastic Literacy Pro, students' individual reading levels are determined using the LitPro Test, a computer-adaptive assessment that measures and reports on reading comprehension in Lexile® levels. Based on each student's individual level as well as their chosen interests, Scholastic Literacy Pro provides a personalized reading list for each student that motivates them to read more and improve their performance; and enables teachers to track their progress.
Scholastic Literacy Pro provides educators with real-time data to:
- Target instruction to meet individual and group goals.
- Evaluate teaching programs and monitor progress.
- Forecast growth towards national and/or international standards.
- Teaches via problem solving, helping students learn to use different strategies to arrive at their conclusions and develop confidence in approaching problems;
- Develops metacognition and mathematical thinking;
- Incorporates formative and summative assessment in its instructional design to help teachers guide individual students;
- Incorporates professional learning into the curriculum framework for teachers to improve their practice; and
- Uses technology to deliver innovative instructional content.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV