Trade-Ideas: ING Groep N.V (ING) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- ING has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.2 million.
- ING traded 1.1 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:15 AM, representing 49.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ING with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ING NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ING: ING Groep N.V., a financial institution, provides banking, investment, life insurance, and retirement services for individuals, families, small businesses, large corporations, institutions, and governments. ING has a PE ratio of 15.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ING Groep N.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for ING Groep N.V has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ING Groep N.V has a market cap of $54.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 2.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ING Groep N.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ING's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 107.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ING GROEP NV has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ING GROEP NV reported lower earnings of $0.82 versus $0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.65 versus $0.82).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Financial Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 62.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $900.60 million to $334.81 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.69 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full ING Groep N.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts