The shares are up 1.14% to $30.24 in pre-market trade.
The firm said, "We believe recent fear that noise around high frequency trading could drive changes to the current retail whole-selling/payment-for-order-flow regime are misplaced; our expectations of rate upside in 2016 are not reflected in the current price; and retail sentiment and the operating environment continue to improve."
"We believe AMTD now has no rate upside reflected in the current valuation, which could drive company repurchases," the note added.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 47.01% is the gross profit margin for TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.49% is above that of the industry average.
- TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP has improved earnings per share by 29.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TD AMERITRADE HOLDING CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $1.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $1.22).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $147.00 million to $192.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMTD Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts